[Qgis-user] QGIS-Webclient Layer-visibility

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Oct 19 00:30:12 PDT 2012

 Hi Dieter,

 Just recently - the last couple days - Marco Hugentobler was working on
 several improvements regarding the WMS server.

 You can now use a new command called "GetProjectSettings" which would
 give a non-standard XML tree, similar to GetCapabilities, but containing
 more project related settings, like visible layers, attribute data and
 widget types, etc.

 This is now available in the server, but the webclient would have to be
 changed to use this new command. Matthias Walker from Sourcepole is
 working on it. Expect it to be available in the next couple days, along
 with my new project switcher.

 In QGIS desktop it is now also possible to hide layers, layouts and
 attributes from WMS and WFS - but they would still appear in the desktop
 project. This is also a recent improvement, only available in QGIS
 master.

 So please allow a couple of days to have this all available also in the
 web client.

 Andreas

 On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 09:13:51 +0200, Dieter Becker wrote:
> Dear QGIS-users,
>
> I have got a questions concerning the layer-visibility of the
> QGIS-Webclient:
>
> In some older mails (11/2011) of this mailinglist I found following
> information:
>
> ---
> There is also a pending feature in QGIS server that should allow to
>   retrieve layer visibility from the GetCapabilities XML document,
> thus
>   eliminating the need to manually set layer visibility.
>
>  Andreas
>
> ---
>
> Does someone of you know if there is found a convienient way in the
> meantime to automatically determine the visible layers of a
> qgis-project so that there is no need to write down everey layer for
> the rest-adress?
>
> I know that for example the qgis-cloud-plugin for QGIS produces a
> js-config file that has the information about visible layers and
> start-/maxExtent.
> But is there also way to use something like this if I want to host my
> own webclient?
>
> best wishes,
>
> Dieter

 Andreas Neumann