[Qgis-user] qgis , html & css

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Oct 24 13:18:50 PDT 2012

Hi Andrea,

So this has nothing directly to do with QGIS server or QGIS webclient,
as you just seem to use a WMS GetMap request and put it in some web page.

However, you may want to experiment with the SELECTION extension of QGIS
server, which allows you to highlight a certain feature:

see
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/QGIS_Server_Tutorial#SELECTION-parameter

for an example.

In your case you could highlight an address or parcel using the
SELECTION parameter.

The Webgis of Kanton Glarus handles this.

Alternatively you could use OpenLayers to display the WMS map and
highlight the geometry with a WKT geometry. This is what we do in the
city of Uster.

Hope this helps?

Andreas