[Qgis-user] Error installing Qgis-dev using OSGEO4w

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Oct 26 11:47:35 PDT 2012

Am 26.10.2012 16:30, schrieb Alexandre Neto:
> I had already both QGIS Master (1.9.0) and Qgis Stable (1.8.0) working on
> my windows desktop.
>
> I believe the problem started when the gdal Library was updated from
> 1.9.1-2 to 1.9.2-1. From that moment on, Qgis started to crash while
> opening Mr.Sid Files.
>
> For that reason I had to downgrade gdal back to 1.9.1-2. QGIS 1.8.0 works
> well, but 1.9.0 become impossible to install\upgrade.

Thats why it is not recommended to use the nightly builds for daily use.
They should only be used for testing purposes. or never be updated when
you found a reliable version ;-)

With the stable versions, you can always go back to previous versions
with full standalone installer.

So you have to be patient for Qgis 2.0 to come.

Greetings,
André Joost