[Qgis-user] Opening Spatialite view in QGIS gives me Error in atribute table

richard burcher drownedfrog at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 07:39:43 PDT 2012

Hi Alexandre,

Please refer to the Spatialite Cookbook [0], it provides a walk through.

To create a view do the following:

# overview of my table to become view from "pragma table_info(analysisMspa)

cid	name	type	notnull	dflt_value	pk
0	pkuid	integer	0	None	1
1	geometry	MULTIPOLYGON	0	None	0
2	mspaClass	integer	0	None	0

# create view -- must have "ROWID" to work correctly. i am casting pkuid (pk
in table) as "ROWID"
create view viewTest as select c.pkuid as ROWID,c.geometry as
geometry,c.mspaClass as mspaClass from analysisMspa as c;

# must register this. refer to [1], sandro gives a good explanation. f_*
columns ref orginial table
insert into views_geometry_columns
(view_name,view_geometry,view_rowid,f_table_name,f_geometry_column) values
('viewTest','geometry','ROWID','analysisMspa','geometry');

# check if registered correctly
select * from views_geometry_columns;

## my output for reference
#view_name	view_geometry	view_rowid	f_table_name	f_geometry_column
#viewTest	geometry	ROWID	analysisMspa	geometry

# must add view from "add spatialite layer" from qgis menu
connect to db & select view, click add

[0]
http://www.gaia-gis.it/spatialite-3.0.0-BETA/spatialite-cookbook/html/sp-view.html
[1]