[Qgis-user] QGIS 1.8 crashed again

Goyo goyodiaz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 11:59:15 PDT 2012

2012/9/5 Bob and Deb <bobdebm at gmail.com>:
> Too bad there is no --debug option in qgis.
>
> Is the osgeo4w build of qgis-dev a debug build?

No, it's the development version.

For debugging crashes related to a particular project, I sometimes
edit the project file with a text editor, then remove layers (or other
xml elements) one by one until I find the one which causes the
problem. Sometimes it takes more effort than recreating the project,
but you can learn quite a few interesting things in exchange.

There's a known bug in 1.8.0 which makes qgis crash when a delimited
text layer is not found (if the file has been deleted, moved or
renamed).

Goyo