[Qgis-user] Fwd: "Normal" mdb support possible for "normal" people?

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 07:21:22 PDT 2012

>>* I'm not sure I understood your comment, but spatial indexing is definitely*>>* supported in Spatialite using the R*Tree structure.*>
>I referred to the spatialite 2.1 manual still first in Google search.
>
>I guess its not fully supported by the stable Qgis 1.8.0.
>In DB Manager, I have an entry Spatial Index, but get an error
>"no such module: VirtualSpatialIndex". Qspatialite throws an error for
>the same reason, and a message "No spatial index defined".
>
>I read that spatialitegui might solve the problem, but I want to work
>inside Qgis. So still nothing for "normal" people ;-)
>
>Using Master I get other errors about missing pyspatialite.
>
>Gruß,
>André Joost

The spatialite  2.1 is a three year older version.

As you can understand if you compare an access 97 db with an access 2002 db
you can find many differenze.
The same happened for spatialite.

as example:
If you try to open an access 97 db with a program that want an access 2002
you more probably can see the same error.
 :)

So if you want to pass from a access97 to an access 2002 you should buy the
access program and use it.
AFAIK it is the only world program capable to trasform a acces 97 file in
an access 2002 file.

The actual stable version of spatialite is the 3.0.1.
This version is compatible with the qgis spatialite driver.
Actually the spatialite developer is releasing the spatialite 4.0.
It is in RC phase.
After the release stable of splite 4.0 , "I hope" the qgis driver for
splite will be updated to support the 4.0 version.

>I referred to the spatialite 2.1 manual still first in Google search.

Be the first in google search  mean only that there is many links on
internet.
However searching "spatialite" on google the first result is the homeèage
of spatialite site where there is the link to the last stable version.3.0.1
:)

Regads,

--
Andrea Peri