[Qgis-user] Fwd: "Normal" mdb support possible for "normal" people?

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 07:32:45 PDT 2012

>>* I have a feeling that QSpatialite is somewhat behind. I'm using spatialite 3.0*>>* with the spatialite_gui 1.5 and there you have access to the new format for*>>* making use of spatial indexes.*>>**>>* The problem is that, unlike PostGIS, spatial indexes are not used automatically.*>>* After you create a spatial index on a table, you must then construct your query*>>* to make use of it. This is certainly non-intuitive for "normal people".*>>**>
>I would surely use those spatial index features if they are fully
>incorporated in Qgis. In the meantime, I don't wont to spoil my existing
>databases with external programs. For large datasets, I still can export
>to my Openstreetmap Postgis database, which works fine.
>
>Ok, but the topic here is not about spatialite or Postgis databases, but
>MS Access ones.
>
>Greetings,
>André Joost

The spatialite spatil-index are not automatically applicated.
The client must apply it the index.

In the qgis spatialite driver this happened.
The qgis driver for spatialite automatically apply the index when available.

Just to test this,
you can create a huge DB on spatialite without any spatial-index and see
the time to navigate it on details scale.
After you create an index (please read how to create a spatial index in a
spatialite db) and see the difference.

Regards,

--
Andrea Peri