[Qgis-user] Fwd: "Normal" mdb support possible for "normal" people?

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 11:58:43 PDT 2012

Yes is true.
Esri don't recommend the personal-gdb.
Esri recommend the arcsde version.

Because the access db is slow and with size limit (2GB).

The spatialite instead has not a size limit and is fast. :)

But I guess there is another more important question:
spatialite work in double precision indipendently by the extent of the DB.

In the personal-geodatabase (9.1 version) is the extent of dataset is 10km
there is a precision P1.
If the extent of the dataset is 1000Km the precision is P2 with P2 worst
than P1.

Spatialite don't do this.

Johan Nilsson <joni8135 at gmail.com>

> But ESRI does NOT recommend to use personal-geodatabases as i show in a
> link, above. It's get slow around 500Mb and have a maximun limit of 2GB for
> instance.
>
> /Cheers
>

> 2012/9/23 Andrea Peri <aperi2007 at gmail.com>
>
>> I guess who buy an arcgis, should still use it. :))
>>
>> If an user is happy with the results of arcgis and its
>> personal-geodatabse.
>>
>> AFAIK arcgis and personal-geodatabase, has a simpatic mechanism to
>> transform the coords in a quantized value coords.
>> It a curious mechanism perhpas the best an human can invent, but it has
>> only a "little" problem.
>> It change always the cords when an user share their dataset with other
>> users having another geodatabse with different precision in it.
>>
>> If an user don't see a problem in this.
>> I guess it is better still to use this wonderful product.
>> :))
>>
>> I guess spatialite is not a good product for this users.
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> --

Andrea Peri
qwerty àèìòù