[Qgis-user] "Normal" mdb support possible for "normal" people?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Sep 23 12:01:50 PDT 2012

Le dimanche 23 septembre 2012 20:54:06, Bernd Vogelgesang a écrit :
> > I've just added some magic to the OGR ODBC driver in GDAL trunk (GDAL
> > 2.0dev)
> > so that it can open directly non-spatial MDB databases on Windows.
> >
> > Note: this is just a shortcut for the "normal" syntax that should work
> > currently :
> >
> > ogrinfo ODBC:DRIVER=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);DBQ=filename.mdb
> >
> > Now : ogrinfo filename.mdb
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Even
>
> Hi Even,
>
> ermm ... and what does that mean for ... me ?
> Can't really do anything with this info but say "wow" for example, but it
> leaves me quite clueless.
>
> Any more info possible how this is affecting my live or qgis?

Wow, I don't expect such a stuff to affect your life that much ;-)

It means that once you have a QGIS version that uses GDAL trunk, it should be
able to open a non-spatial MDB. In practice, it can mean that you have to wait
for GDAL 2.0 to be released (don't ask me when it will be) to be distributed
with QGIS. Or you can perhaps find someone that makes a custom build for you if
you cannot wait.