[Qgis-user] QT-Designer

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Sep 24 07:09:24 PDT 2012

Am 24.09.2012 14:36, schrieb Sylvia Preuß:

> how can I create a *.ui file with qt-designer? I want to create a new
> object with attributes and would like to use my own form to insert
> the attributes.
>
> C:\Programme\Quantum GIS Wroclaw\apps\Python27\sip\PyQt4\QtDesigner
> is installed. But I don’t know how to get it started.

No, that won't help you. You need the qt4-dev package from the
osgeo4w-setup-Installation. It will not harm your standalone Qgis
Wroclaw Installation.

Once installed you will find designer.exe in C:\Osgeo4w\bin.
To make the ui usable in qgis, you have to use the same field names as
in your data.

Here are some blogs about designing ui:
<http://www.sourcepole.ch/foss4g/en/forms.html>
<http://woostuff.wordpress.com/2011/09/05/qgis-tips-custom-feature-forms-with-python-logic/>