[Qgis-user] Starting QGIS

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Mon Sep 24 12:45:36 PDT 2012

Am 24.09.2012, 17:57 Uhr, schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

> Il 24/09/2012 17:49, Eliana Acosta Valero ha scritto:
>> Hi! At first I'm sorry beocouse of my bad english, I'm from Colombia
>> and I don't
>> speak very well... But I'm starting to use QGIS, and I'm trying to do
>> some editions
>> but I can't find some symple tools like:
>>
>> - Create a new line with a specific length. (Sample: Create a line of 5
>> meters)
>
> there is a plugin for this

The plugin has the bit misleading name "Improved polygon capturing" cause
it also handles lines beside polygons.
It adds a button and a field for the specific lenght to the digitizing
toolbar.
In editing mode of the layer, instead of the normal "add feature" button,
click the button which has the tooltip "Capture Line with preset Edge
Lenght" and set the desired length in the box. Click in the map to start
drawing and move the mouse for setting the direction of the new line.
Right click to finish the line.

--
Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374