[Qgis-user] Text symbols

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Sep 28 11:24:04 PDT 2012

My approach is to create a point layer where I want the HWY symbols.
Then style it with a custom svg shield and label the point with the New
Labelling.

If you want to adjust the location of the labels you just edit the point
layer and move it to where you want it.

I'd say that falls under a quasi-static solution as it's not directly
tied to your road lines.

Thanks,
Alex