[Qgis-user] First time here

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Sep 30 01:32:32 PDT 2012

Il 29/09/2012 22:16, Luciano La Sala ha scritto:

> 1) How do I assign values of 0 or 1 to pixels on each raster image? I
> believe I could use RasterCalc plugin, but I just can't find a way around
> this.
>
> 2) Once the above step is solved, how do I combine all maps into one using
> one of the mentioned procedures (e.g. addition)?

Hi Luciano.
For doing serious modelling, you may find it easier to use GRASS, either through its
QGIS plugin, or through the Sextante plugin, now in core QGIS. The second approach is
less polished (sverela bugs around), but has the additional advantage to be able to
(graphically) modelling also different backends, in addition to GRASS (e.g. SAGA,
OTB, etc.).
All the best (from an ancient wildife res).

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu