[Qgis-user] How set the usable scale interval in qgis-server

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 11:17:30 PDT 2013

> Neither WMS nor WFS have fixed scale intervals - you can set any scale.
> It is not a tile service with fixed scales.

Hi,
sorry, I'm not clear explained my question.

So let me recall the OGC specs:

>The <MinScaleDenominator> and <MaxScaleDenominator> elements define the
range of scales for which it is
>appropriate to generate a map of a Layer. Because maps from a WMS may be
viewed on arbitrary displays rather
>than on paper, the values used are actually the scale denominators
relative to a common display pixel size. The
>intent of scale denominators is not that the translation between “actual”
and “standard” scales always be
>completely accurate. Rather, the intent is to reduce the amount of clutter
or crowding of features portrayed on the
>map. The scale denominator values are guidelines for clients, not firm
limits. Upon receiving a request for a map
>that is not within the scale denominator range, the server may return a
blank map, or may return a portrayal of the
>Layer that is crowded with features or otherwise poorly suited for
display; the server shall not respond with a
>service exception.

Is possible in qgis-server to set the MinScale and MaxScaleDenominator
for every

layer requestable ?

--
Andrea Peri