[Qgis-user] downloading raster data from open sources

José Pedro Santos zpsantos1 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 11 08:49:02 PDT 2013

Hi Slava,

Try to go to file options - Style and then change the color map to, for example, Pseudocolor.

Cheers,
José Santos

From: vasenyov at mail.ru
To: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 18:16:19 +0400
Subject: [Qgis-user] downloading raster data from open sources

Dear Qgis users.

I'm teaching GIS-introduction course and since this year swithed from ArcGIS to Qgis as an open assess software.

Since the program is quite new for me I've got some questions, which perhaps pretty obvious for other.

The first one I can't download any raster file except to one provided together with the software as a sample data from Alaska. When I try to download raster files from such sources as srtm, worldclim, or ArcINFO raster files I end up the raster
with an extent but without any data. If anyone can guide me through this problem, it would be great.

Cheers,

Slava Vasenev