[Qgis-user] plugin for importing ECW image

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Sat Apr 13 23:19:31 PDT 2013

Am 14.04.2013 06:50, schrieb Tony Meissner:
> I have installed qgis v1.8.02 on a computer running Windows 7
> professional 64-bitand wanting to import a *.ecw file into qgis. I have
> downloaded /ECWJP2SDKSetup_RO_20100920.exe and installed it but the next
> step presents a bit of a problem as I do not have /C:\OSGeo4W\. How do I
> proceed?

I'm not sure if you need the SDK at all. Following this note:
<http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ECW>
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/RE-ECW-td4646269.html>

the old 3.3 version used in QGIS Lisboa standalone still should work.
ECW should be listed under Settings -> Options, GDAL tab.
At least for me, but not in the OSGeo4W version built against the newset
ECW SDK.

I don't have installed the SDK, but gdal_ECW_JP2ECW.dll dated 25.03.2012
in folder \QuantumGis\bin\gdalplugins\1.9

HTH,
André Joost