[Qgis-user] QGIS Web Client Search Functionality

jandab jandavid.bendrien at iwes.fraunhofer.de
Mon Apr 15 03:22:39 PDT 2013

Hello everybody,

we are currently trying to set up QGIS Server and QGIS Web Client. Regarding
search, we have a few questions:

1. Is it possible for the search bar in the panel on the left side to give
back not only exact matches, but also substring matches? (Like a normal
google search would do it)? Can there even be autocompletion?
2. There is a second search bar on the upper right corner. Do we have to
maintain the corresponding postgresql table independently of our data or is
there a way to retrieve the data directly from the GIS files? Or from a
PostGIS database (of which I have no experience yet)?

thanks,
jan david bendrien