[Qgis-user] QGIS Web Client Search Functionality

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Apr 15 04:34:25 PDT 2013

Hi,

For question one you have to ask Matthias Walker from company
Sourcepole, as he did this search functionality.

For the second question (the search field in the upper right):

This is completely decoupled from the currently viewed QGIS project. The
idea is that you want to be able to search for basic geographic features
(like addresses, streets, assurance numbers, parcel numbers, placenames,
etc.) regardless if your data is contained in the project file. E.g. you
are only displaying Orthophoto data, but you still want to search for a
parcel number. The current script only supports PostgreSQL, but I guess
it wouldn't be too hard for you to rewrite the script for some other
database.

Hope this helps,
Andreas