[Qgis-user] csv point file to dxf

Paul Haakma phaakma at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 01:49:48 PDT 2013

Hi All

Can anyone advise on a way to import an 'x,y,z' csv point file and then
export those points to a dxf retaining the elevation (z) data?

I've seen several comments on the web saying that QGIS doesn't export
vector elevation data, but then I discovered that the following *does*
work: start with a 3d dxf (e.g. points that have x,y,z coordinates),
import, save as a shapefile, re-import that shapefile and re-export as a
new dxf. The resulting dxf still has the z data.

This demonstrates that QGIS has the ability to create and read a 2.5D
shapefile, and also read and create a 3d dxf, I just can't seem to achieve
this when starting with a simple csv file.

Any ideas?

--
-Paul