[Qgis-user] QTiles Extended

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 07:23:20 PDT 2013

Hi,
looking for a simple way to prepare a tile set for Geopaparazzi, I decided
to extend the QGis plugin QTiles [1]
I'm waiting feedback from the original developers (Alexander Bruy from
GIS-Lab) to decide how/if integrate the extended features into the official
plugin.

The extended QTiles can be temporarly downloaded from my Dropbox space:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13861666/qtilesX.zip
I've renamed it to QTilesX to avoid collision with the original plugin.

The extension provides:
 - switch between Slippy maps and TMS structures output.
 - creation of the required .mapurl file to use the tileset inside
Geopaparazzi [2]
 - a Leaflet based preview

Please notice that it's something I made yesterday within spare time.
Prabably it will need refinements and more testing.
I've planned to integrate more features, but I wait for Alexander's
feedback before going on.

Giovanni

[1] http://gis-lab.info/qa/qtiles-eng.html
[2] https://code.google.com/p/geopaparazzi/