[Qgis-user] Problem with intersect polygon and line

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Dec 10 15:21:28 PST 2013

On 10-12-13 09:28, Cathomen Carli wrote:
> Hello Forum
>
> I am trying out QGIS Dufour and would like to intersect a polygon with a line. (Vector -> geoprocessing -> intersect). Unfortunally the result is not the as expected(=empty layer). Did anybody face the same issue? Am I missing something?

Hi C,

I've been testing here:
- if I use two polygon layers, it just works as you would think it would
work
- if I use it with a line and a polygon (as is your question), it only
works if I use the line as first input layer and the poly as the second.
The other way around indeed has an empty result.

if this is still not what you want, plz consider creating a simple
dataset, with maybe a result or result image you actually want. And
create an issue in our bugtracker (or ask one of us to do it).

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde