[Qgis-user] Fwd: adding a CSV delimited text layer

Michael Goldstein michael.goldstein7 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 15:32:21 PST 2013

I've had confusing CSV incompatibility issues as a Mac user (though not with GQIS).  Turns out that Mac Excel does not code the files in UTF-8, and that chokes some applications.

One quick fix was to load the file into Text Wrangler and save it specifying UTF-8 as the character coding.  Another, is to use Open Office calc, which also lets you control character coding.

This may not be the problem, but when I saw that the user was on a Mac, it came to mind.

Michael