[Qgis-user] project makes qgis crash upon startup

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Jan 8 01:10:32 PST 2013

Am 08.01.13 07:50, schrieb Agustin Lobo:
> Hi!
>
> A project that used to work fine few days ago cannot be opened
> any more with qgis 1.8: the program crashes before even starting to
> write the TOC . I've tried with qgis --noplugin and get the same problem,
> so this is not an issue of plugin conflicts. The problem occurs
> on linux and mac.
> Is there any way I can debug the project file? Perhaps an xml editor
> for project files would let me select parts of the file more easily than just
> a text editor?

The .qgis file is a simple xml text file, which you can edit with everey
text editor. I use notepad++ on Windows for such things.

If you use relative paths, make sure not to move your datasources or
qgis files within the file system. Interchanging between Linux and Mac
may most probably not work though.

HTH,
André Joost