[Qgis-user] QGIS installation problem with Mac OSX 10.8.4 and some Qt4 Modules

Marcel Stadelmann marcel.stadelmann at gmx.net
Sat Jul 6 01:16:12 PDT 2013

Hello,

I removed everything from homebrew which could cause problems for a QGIS installation. I just left bison and expat in homebrew, for sqlite I was not sure if I can leave it (see below the brew list). Then I installed the required components according the install instruction, Qt 4.8.5, your frameworks (gdal complete) and postgres+postgis extension, spatialindex 1.8.1and sip 4.14.7. I got stacked installing PyQt 4.10.2. This program looks for sip 4.14.6 which is the old (previous) installation (see below). My interpretation is that the sip 4.14.7 installation was not good, although there was no error message. Any idea?

Thank you
Marcel

Marcels-iMac:PyQt-mac-gpl-4.10.2 Marcello$ python2.7 configure.py -d /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages -b /usr/local/bin -n /usr/local/Qt4.8/qsci -v /usr/local/share/sip/PyQt4
Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
This is the GPL version of PyQt 4.10.2 (licensed under the GNU General Public
License) for Python 2.7.2 on darwin.

Type '2' to view the GPL v2 license.
Type '3' to view the GPL v3 license.
Type 'yes' to accept the terms of the license.
Type 'no' to decline the terms of the license.

Do you accept the terms of the license? yes
Found the license file pyqt-gpl.sip.
Checking to see if the QtGui module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtHelp module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtMultimedia module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtNetwork module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtDBus module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtDeclarative module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtOpenGL module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtScript module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtScriptTools module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtSql module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtSvg module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtTest module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtWebKit module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtXml module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtXmlPatterns module should be built...
Checking to see if the phonon module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtAssistant module should be built...
Checking to see if the QtDesigner module should be built...
Checking to see if the QAxContainer module should be built...
Checking to see if the dbus support module should be built...
DBus v1 does not seem to be installed.
Qt v4.8.5 free edition is being used.
Qt is built as a framework.
SIP 4.14.6 is being used.
The Qt header files are in /usr/include.
The shared Qt libraries are in /Library/Frameworks.
The Qt binaries are in /Developer/Tools/Qt.
The Qt mkspecs directory is in /usr/local/Qt4.8.
These PyQt modules will be built: QtCore, QtGui, QtHelp, QtMultimedia,
QtNetwork, QtDBus, QtDeclarative, QtOpenGL, QtScript, QtScriptTools, QtSql,
QtSvg, QtTest, QtWebKit, QtXml, QtXmlPatterns, phonon, QtDesigner.
The PyQt Python package will be installed in /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages.
PyQt is being built with generated docstrings.
PyQt is being built with 'protected' redefined as 'public'.
The Designer plugin will be installed in
/Developer/Applications/Qt/plugins/designer.
The QScintilla API file will be installed in /usr/local/Qt4.8/qsci/api/python.
The PyQt .sip files will be installed in /usr/local/share/sip/PyQt4.
pyuic4, pyrcc4 and pylupdate4 will be installed in /usr/local/bin.
Embedding sip flags...
Generating the C++ source for the QtCore module...
sh: /usr/local/Cellar/sip/4.14.6/bin/sip: No such file or directory
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.
Marcels-iMac:PyQt-mac-gpl-4.10.2 Marcello$ sip -V
4.14.7
Marcels-iMac:PyQt-mac-gpl-4.10.2 Marcello$ which sip
/usr/local/bin/sip
Marcels-iMac:PyQt-mac-gpl-4.10.2 Marcello$ brew list
atk		cairo		expat		gdbm		ghostscript	gsl		imagemagick	latex2rtf	libpng		little-cms2	pixman		sqlite
autoconf	check		fontconfig	gdk-pixbuf	giflib		gtk+		intltool	libcroco	librsvg		lzlib		pkg-config	xz
automake	cmake		freetype	geos		glib		harfbuzz	jbig2dec	libffi		libtiff		ossp-uuid	proj
bison		doxygen		freexl		gettext		graphicsmagick	icu4c		jpeg		libgeotiff	libtool		pango		readline