[Qgis-user] QGIS installation problem with Mac OSX 10.8.4 and some Qt4 Modules

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jul 7 10:36:02 PDT 2013

Hooray for the obvious!  I thought I'd go crazy on this one.

Don't know about the non-starting python.  Were there any details with the error?  Maybe there is something in Console.app?

On Jul 7, 2013, at 12:19 PM, Marcel Stadelmann wrote:

> [...]
> -- Looking for gaiaDropTable in /Library/Frameworks/SQLite3.framework
> -- Looking for gaiaDropTable in /Library/Frameworks/SQLite3.framework - found
> -- Looking for Q_WS_X11
> -- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - not found
> -- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
> -- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found
> -- Looking for Q_WS_QWS
> -- Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found
> -- Looking for Q_WS_MAC
> -- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - found
> -- Looking for QT_MAC_USE_COCOA
> -- Looking for QT_MAC_USE_COCOA - found
> -- Found Qt4: /usr/bin/qmake (found suitable version "4.8.5", minimum required is "4.4.0")
> -- Touch support disabled
> -- Found QScintilla2: /usr/local/lib/libqscintilla2.dylib (2.7.2)
> -- Pedantic compiler settings enabled
> -- Found PythonInterp: /usr/bin/python (found version "2.7.2")
> -- Found Python executable: /usr/bin/python
> -- Found Python version: 2.7.2
> -- Found Python library: -framework Python
> -- Found SIP version: 4.14.6
> -- Found PyQt4 version: 4.10.2
> -- Found QScintilla2 PyQt4 module: 2.7.2
> fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
> fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
> -- Found GSL: /Library/Frameworks/GSL.framework
> -- txt2tags not found - disabled
> -- Configuring done
> -- Generating done
> -- Build files have been written to: /Users/Marcello/Downloads/Quantum-GIS-master/build
>
> Am 07.07.2013 um 18:59 schrieb William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com>:
>
>> Ah, cmake installed by homebrew.  I looked at the homebrew setup for cmake, no patches that would change behavior, but I do see a different configuration setting that I don't know how it will affect cmake: --system-libs.  The default (if you install from scratch like in the QGIS install doc) is --no-system-libs.
>>
>> Uninstalling homebrew GEOS and sqlite may help, but there are other things as well: PROJ in homebrew, and GEOS in /usr/local/Cellar (whatever that is).  And it's not even finding the homebrew sqlite, it's finding the system sqlite.
>>
>> On Jul 7, 2013, at 11:48 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>>
>>> No unusual PATH stuff.
>>>
>>> PYTHONPATH may cause problems running any GDAL programs that are python scripts.  Though it gets added before .pth stuff, so it's probably OK.
>>>
>>> PROJSO is meaningless for my GDAL framework - it's only used when dynamically loading the PROJ library, my framework has it statically linked (completely different from shared vs. static library).
>>>
>>> So, nothing that looks like it would change cmake behavior...
>>>
>> Are you compiling cmake from scratch, or from homebrew?On Jul 7, 2013, at 11:48 AM, Marcel Stadelmann wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe the problem lies in the GEOS or in sqlite. This two things are still in homebrew installed. Can i remove them?
>>>
>>> Marcels-iMac:~ Marcello$ brew list
>>> atk		cmake		gdbm		glib		imagemagick	libffi		little-cms2	proj
>>> autoconf	doxygen		gdk-pixbuf	graphicsmagick	intltool	libgeotiff	lzlib		readline
>>> automake	expat		geos		gsl		jbig2dec	libpng		ossp-uuid	sqlite
>>> bison		fontconfig	gettext		gtk+		jpeg		librsvg		pango		xz
>>> cairo		freetype	ghostscript	harfbuzz	latex2rtf	libtiff		pixman