[Qgis-user] QGIS installation problem with Mac OSX 10.8.4 and some Qt4 Modules

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jul 7 10:50:47 PDT 2013

Looks like the SIP and/or PyQt that QGIS finds at runtime is different from the one found in compilation.

This may be related to the PYTHONPATH in your .bash_profile - compilation sees this and may get the wrong SIP/PyQt, but OS X apps do see any environment settings in .bash_profile or any other shell init file.  Try commenting this out and reconfiguring and compiling QGIS.  You may need to go back to recompiling SIP and PyQt outside of homebrew.

On Jul 7, 2013, at 12:45 PM, Marcel Stadelmann wrote:

> Below the error message, there is the following additional text, but I don't know if it is with the PyQGIS related:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "", line 1, in
> RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v9.0 to v9.1 but the qgis.core module requires API v9.2
>
> Am 07.07.2013 um 19:36 schrieb William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com>:
>
>> Hooray for the obvious!  I thought I'd go crazy on this one.
>>
>> Don't know about the non-starting python.  Were there any details with the error?  Maybe there is something in Console.app?
>>
>> On Jul 7, 2013, at 12:19 PM, Marcel Stadelmann wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, deleting the content of build helped, now it looks good (see below) and in the meantime I could install successfully QGIS. But when I start QGIS the following error appears: PyQGIS konnte nicht geladen werden. Die Python-Unterstützung wird abgeschaltet. Means: PyQGIS could not be loaded. Python support is switched off.
>>>
>>> I installed cmake from scratch, but it is also installed in homebrew. The /usr/local/Cellar path is the homebrew path. I will now remove this components from homebrew.
>>>
>>> Marcels-iMac:build Marcello$ cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/Applications   -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=MINSIZEREL -D ENABLE_TESTS=FALSE   -D WITH_INTERNAL_SPATIALITE=FALSE -D WITH_PYSPATIALITE=FALSE   -D SPATIALINDEX_LIBRARY=/usr/local/lib/libspatialindex.dylib   -D SPATIALINDEX_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/local/include/spatialindex   -D QWT_LIBRARY=/usr/local/qwt-6.0.2/lib/libqwt.dylib   -D QWT_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/local/qwt-6.0.2/include   -D BISON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/local/bin/bison ..
>>> -- The C compiler identification is Clang 4.2.0
>>> -- The CXX compiler identification is Clang 4.2.0
>>> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
>>> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
>>> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info
>>> -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
>>> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
>>> -- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
>>> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
>>> -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
>>> -- QGIS version: 1.9.0 Master (10900)
>>> -- Found GRASS: /Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS (6.4.2)
>>> -- Looking for openpty
>>> -- Looking for openpty - found
>>> -- Found Proj: /Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework
>>> -- Found GEOS: /Library/Frameworks/GEOS.framework
>>> -- Found GDAL: /Library/Frameworks/GDAL.framework (1.10.0)
>>> -- Found Expat: /usr/local/lib/libexpat.dylib
>>> -- Found Spatialindex: /usr/local/lib/libspatialindex.dylib
>>> -- Found Qwt: /usr/local/qwt-6.0.2/lib/libqwt.dylib (6.0.2)
>>> -- Found Sqlite3: /Library/Frameworks/SQLite3.framework
>>> -- Found PostgreSQL: /usr/local/pgsql-9.2/lib/libpq.dylib
>>> -- Found SpatiaLite: /Library/Frameworks/SQLite3.framework
>>> -- Looking for gaiaDropTable in /Library/Frameworks/SQLite3.framework
>>> -- Looking for gaiaDropTable in /Library/Frameworks/SQLite3.framework - found
>>> -- Looking for Q_WS_X11
> [...]

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy