[Qgis-user] Information on NextGIS mobile or alternatives

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jul 12 05:13:07 PDT 2013

Hi,

I just installed NextGIS mobile on my Android phone  and have a number
of questions:

* Is there any information around how to configure/customize the app?

* How can I introduce my own categories?

* Can I bring in my own data/QGIS project somehow?

* Can I work in my own projection system?

-----

I am looking for a small GIS app that can:

* collect point data with some custom attributes (what Nextgis mobile
offers is good enough regarding data collection)
* record my tracks
* work in Swiss coordinate system
* bring in my own map tiles or geotiff files
* bring in my own POIs or vectors

I was hoping for QGIS Android, but it is sort of too heavyweight, buggy
and the UI not user friendly enough - at least last time I checked (2-3
months ago).

Or can someone suggest a better alternative?

Thanks,
Andreas