[Qgis-user] QGIS Spatial Query

Randal Hale rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
Thu Jul 25 06:09:47 PDT 2013

First thing I would try would be doing a spatial join. A spatial Join
will take the attributes from the polygon layer and add them to your
point layer.

Vector Menu -> Data Management Tools -> Join Attributes by location. You
will get more than just the one column but the extra can be removed.

Randy

Randal Hale, GISP
North River Geographic Systems, Inc
http://www.northrivergeographic.com