[Qgis-user] OSM plugin encoding problem

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Sun Mar 10 04:57:58 PDT 2013

> EDIT:
> I just saw that there is a brandnew "Shapefile Encoding Fixer" plugin
> available for qgis. I haven't tried it yet, but it might be what you want.

The plugin helps in most cases by fixing broken encoding *declaration*.
However, it won't help if also the encoding (not only its declaration) is
broken. It's strange the ENCODING=UTF-8 in the SaveAs dialog didn't work. I
Did you put it to the layer or datasource option? I don't remember which place
is right, so I put it to both :)

About the pugin, it only contains a limited set of encodings included. Let me
know if you need another one, I'll add it.