[Qgis-user] OSM import: missing ways

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Mar 20 08:33:32 PDT 2013

Am 20.03.2013 09:54, schrieb Cascafico Giovanni:
> Hello list,
>
> importing  data from .osm files (Geofabrik, GFOSS, etc...) or thru
> small area .xml download from OSM site, I miss some ways. Since it
> happens only for *some* ways, it's diffiucult to evaluate if imports
> have been successfull.
>
> One of the missing:
> Way 205615086
> http://osm.org/go/0IHqBwY6v--
>
> I can't find any difference between these tracks and the visible ones.

The difference is that Openstreetmap has recently hit the 2^31-Limit for
32-bit integers for node IDs. The old Openstreetmap plugin you use is
not designed for 64-bit-integers, which spoils the import of the nodes,
making the way invisible.

There is a new Openstreetmap plugin on the way, but only in QGIS Master
and the upcoming QGIS 2.0.

HTH,
André Joost