[Qgis-user] scale bar doesn't consider the Ellipsoid to calculate it's own length

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Mon May 6 14:00:43 PDT 2013

To test some calculations made on the base of an OpenLayers plugin's layer
(OSM and Bing) I've had to set the Ellipsoid for the distances to be
calculated (the default, planar, gives wrong results with EPSG:3875). For a
visual reference I've displayed the scale bar decoration but it doesn't
match the length calculations. In fact, using the measure tool, I could
verify that the disagreement is given by the scale bar code not using the
Ellipsoid setting, it simply relies on the canvas (renderer)
mapUnitsPerPixel.
Shouldn'it use the Ellipsoid too to render?

giovanni

--
Giovanni Allegri
http://about.me/giovanniallegri