[Qgis-user] Transformation tools plugin and CRS

marquz74 marquz74 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 00:53:05 PDT 2013

Hi to all,
I'm struggling with a *simple* issue concerning CRS transformations.
The native CRS of my layer is ED50 UTM 33N (EPSG 23033) and I need to get a
WGS84 (EPSG 4326 - not projected).
Some good fellows developed an NTV2 grid for the trasformation from ED50
(EPSG 4230 - not projected) to WGS84 (EPSG 4326) for Sicily.

So these these are the steps I followed:
1. EPSG 23033 -> EPSG 4230 conversion;
2. EPSG 4230 -> EPSG 4326 using the NTV2 grid by using the *transformation
tools* plugin;

After the transformation I expected the *final* CRS was EPSG 4326, but what
I got was a custom CRS:

USER:100001 -  * Generated CRS (+proj=longlat +no_defs
+nadgrids=/mypath/myNTV2.gsb +ellps=intl +wktext).

So, if I export the shape and want to load it in another GIS, the associated
CRS results unkown.

I'm probably confused about some basic concept... where am I wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Marco