[Qgis-user] A doubt on SPIT- Shapefile to PostGIS Import Tool-reg.

Jaisen Nedumpala jaisuvyas at gmail.com
Tue May 21 01:47:19 PDT 2013

Ok. Let me be more specific. My problems with latest QGIS and GRASS went
like this:
I have added the QGIS repository to my apt sources and installed latest
QGIS build, following this link:
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/Download#21-Debian

I have also downloaded the latest GRASS binaries from this link:
http://download.osgeo.org/grass/grass64/binary/linux/debian/squeeze/i386/
and installed.

After that, Individually both of them worked fine. But I couldn't access
GRASS tool box from within QGIS interface. So couldn't perform the analyses
available in GRASS within QGIS. So I reverted back to the earlier versions
of both within which, I could perform all these analyses very well. It is
my wish, there would be available a single Debian repository with latest
QGIS and GRASS available, both compiled as one can access GRASS tool box
from QGIS. But such a thing isn't exist now. I don't remember the exact
error messages I got when I accessed GRASS tool box from the latest QGIS
interface.

Now tell me how did you achieved both working fine? Did you compiled both
from sources? Kindly tell me in detail.

2013/5/20 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>

--
- നെടുമ്പാല ജയ്സെന്‍ -