[Qgis-user] Problems with Value relation

Antonio Vico avicomartin at gmail.com
Fri May 31 04:58:40 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm testing the new "Value relation" in fields and I get some problems.
I load a geometry layer with geometryes, a dbf layer with values (equal
structure to Nathan Woodrow indicates in his Melbourne Workshop video)
and associate values. I load a ui form (101 fields) and all work
perfectly, but when I want save the style for retreive later, this not
work. Layer relation are missing.

If I no change dbf layer relations are preserved but if I close the dbf
layer and open again, relation are missing (reload style not preserve
layer relation)

Looking in my saved style file I observed that the reference to the dbf
layer is a "timestamp" layer (name layer and numbers that I think is a
timestamp related to the layer). In this situation I loaded my saved
style, modified only one field and saved. The "timestamp" is different
only for the field modified and only this field maintain layer relation.
If I use a editor with the style file and change unmodified "timestamps"
according with the new obtained, relation are preserved.

I observed that reference to the ui file has problems too and saving
styles in database have the same problems.

I tested the latest qgis-master in osgeo4w distribution and the nigth-built

A idea about how to solve this problem?