[Qgis-user] Question for QGIS user list

Sundas Ali s.ali at mcb.org.uk
Thu Sep 5 07:23:35 PDT 2013

Dear QGIS user list,

I want to post this question on the QGIS user list, please post this:

My question is relating to the series on the side of a map that we
create on QGIS (which gives intervals/ranges by quantile level). I
wanted to know how I can adjust these ranges?

For example, at the moment, the ranges in my map are:

0.00-9.48

9.48-18.97

18.10-28.5

85.35-94.83

etc

(these are % of Muslims)

I want to change these ranges to:

<5%,

>5% & <10%

>10% & <15%

>15% & <20%

>20% & <25%

>25% & <30%

>30% & <35%

>35%

How can I do this? I try and do this by right-clicking on the
'LSOA_Religion' layer and going to 'Properties', and then I have the
option of changing the ranges by 'Equal Interval', 'Quantile', 'Natural
Breaks (Jenks)', 'Standard Deviation', and 'Pretty Breaks'. But there is
no option to alter these ranges manually. How can I do this?

Also, how can I keep the number of the range to 2 decimal places?

I look forward to hearing from you all.

All best,

Sundas