[Qgis-user] Intersect Performance

bjorn.burr.nyberg at gmail.com bjorn.burr.nyberg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 10:01:31 PDT 2013

Hi,
I am trying to intersect a line with a polygon however it is extremely slow
in QGIS (note i need intersect to save attributes rather than CLIP) taking
15mins compared to 30seconds in ArcGIS9.3 so I was wondering if anyone had
any recommendations or experienced similar slowdowns? I may need to add a
spatial index? - although how do i do this within a sequence of processes
defined in either a model or a script?

I've heard that GRASS Overlay may be quicker but unfortunately
sextante(processing) does not accept "atype" to be a line although I think
it should be possible if i read the docs correctly at
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/v.overlay.html?

Cheers,
Bjorn