[Qgis-user] new user

Nick Hopton nhopton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 02:31:49 PDT 2013

Hi Gill,

I might not understand your problem fully, but I think that as a newcomer to
QGIS a reasonable approach would be to load your OS OpenData map images
first and then load the contours. (I'd keep clear of the OpenData contour
DXFs if I were you and go for the new contour data in shapefile format.)

Once you have something that looks reasonable on the screen you could then
export a high-res image from the Print Composer that could be loaded into
Photoshop.

>From what you have written I think your base mapping must be OS VectorMap
District rasters. If I remember rightly these have a resolution of around
250 dpi so it probably wouldn't make much sense to export an image from the
Print Composer at much greater than this.

Cheers,
Nick.