[Qgis-user] 1.8 vs. Debian wheezy

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Sep 18 14:35:36 PDT 2013

On 09/18/2013 02:17 PM, Levente Kovacs wrote:
> Dear List,
>

> I want to install the latest stable version on a Debian Wheezy. I added
> the repository, and what I get is 2.0.1. Am I missing something?
>
> How far is 2.0.1 from being called "stable"?
>
> Where is the documentation for the 2.0.1? My current concern is
> OpenStreetMap import. I can not enter coordinates as I got used to with 1.x.
>
> Any help is okay.
>
> 73!
> Thanks,
> Levente

2.0.1 is currently in packaging, so it's considered stable and to be
officially released in a few days. However there are still quite a few
plugins that are not updated and plenty of under the hood changes that
might affect your workflow.

Can you explain more what you were trying to do?

Thanks,
Alex