[Qgis-user] 1.8 vs. Debian wheezy

Levente Kovacs leventelist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 15:05:52 PDT 2013

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:35:36 -0700
Alex Mandel <tech_dev-V1ui0Jp4Xm2ZwHVy+eqOOgC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> 2.0.1 is currently in packaging, so it's considered stable and to be
> officially released in a few days. However there are still quite a few
> plugins that are not updated and plenty of under the hood changes that
> might affect your workflow.

Thank you. That is good news!

> Can you explain more what you were trying to do?

I have a few (let's say below 1000) coordinates in a database. I want to
write some script that emits some file which could be then read into QGIS,
and want to visualize the points on a map downloaded from OpenStreetMap.

It would be nice if I could visualize some data (from the database) by
clicking on a point, and connect points with a straight line. Save this all,
and export it to some vector graphic format. I want to run some analysis of
the lines like total length, etc.

I am a gis newbie, and I don't know what can be done with qgis, what should I do
by hand. I am a generic programmer, so I can write the logic, but I don't know
how to start. I think I'll come here often to ask questions.

Thank you for your help.

73! de HA5OGL
Levente

--