[Qgis-user] QGIS 2.0 - OSX - georeferencing plugin missing ?

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Mon Sep 23 10:27:12 PDT 2013

Hello Teo,

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Teodoro Laino <teodoro.laino at gmail.com>wrote:

> well.. that's precisely my problem..
> In the OSX build, in the Plugins -> manage and install plugins, there is
> no "Georeferences GDAL"
>
> ---8<------snip----
>
> That's the reason I'm thinking that something must be screwed up with the
> OSX build distribution. Or, again, something terribly obvious that I'm
> missing..

I just double-checked both 10.7-8 and 10.6 nightly builds and there are no
issues with the 2.1 apps, with regards to the Georeferencer (that I can
tell).

However, I did notice that there was still a 2.0.1 app in the 10.6 download
archive folder (10.7-8 archive is fine). This happened during the switch
from 1.9 to 2.0.1 to 2.1.0, and I forgot to prune it. If you have installed
the 2.0.1 app, please remove it, as it is NOT a release distribution.

It is unclear what Mac OS X version you are using. If you are running
10.7-8, download the 2.0.1 release installer from kyngchaos.com. Then
please make sure to remove ANY accidental 2.0.1 nightly installed, as the
Kyngchaos.com installer will try to install into that application bundle
instead of /Applications (this is also noted in the README).

If you are using Mac OS X 10.6, and are not needing to test the nightly
builds, please wait until kyngchaos.com produces a 10.6 installer for the
2.0.1 branch. The nightlies are not 2.0.1 releases, but builds of the 2.1.0
master branch.

If the Georeferencer plugin still does not show up, then it is probably an
issue with your supporting frameworks, which would need upgraded.

Please report on success or failure, either way. Thanks.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota