[Qgis-user] Oracle - QGIS connection

Duarte Carreira DCarreira at edia.pt
Wed Sep 25 02:53:32 PDT 2013

Does qgis use gdal to access oracle data?

If it does you can try to use the osgeo4w console to try to connect with gdalinfo. See if that presents a clearer error. Maybe the oracle plugin is compiled against a different version of oracle...?

If gdalinfo works, than you could create a .vrt that wraps the connection to your oracle spatial table. Try to open the .vrt in qgis... I have solved similar problems this way (dxf files wouldn't load unless through a .vrt).

I have used process explorer before to find what dll is not being loaded or found... sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't...
Just launch it and filter processes until you end up only with qgis related processes. You can find error messages like file not found and others.

Duarte