[Qgis-user] Can't use two base maps

ALT SHN i.geografica at alt-shn.org
Thu Sep 26 14:05:05 PDT 2013

Today I was on a QGIS training session with 20 computers all runing windows
32/64bits and Open layers plugin has done well, with more than one layer
delivered and being put on/off.

However ALL the computers had QGIS 2 installed through OSGEO4W installer.
Maybe it's a standalone installation problem?

Cheers,

André

2013/9/26 Mathias Walker <mwa at sourcepole.ch>

> This is a bug when running the OpenLayers plugin in QGIS 2.x.
>
> I have opened a ticket http://hub.qgis.org/issues/8679
>
> Am Mittwoch, 25. September 2013, 09.19:59 schrieb KLGan:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In QGIS 1.8, I'm able to have two base maps using the OpenLayer plugin.
> For
> > example I could have the Google street map and the satellite map. And I
> can
> > switch from one to the other by selecting and unselect the top most
> basemap
> > in the layer panel.
> >
> > But I'm not able to do this anymore in 2.0, getting error like: QGIS can
> > not draw "..........", giving no explanation.
> >
> > Is this capability removed in 2.0?
> >
> > Thanks  :-)
> >
> > KLGan
>

> --
> Sourcepole - Linux & Open Source Solutions
> Weberstrasse 5, 8004 Zürich, Switzerland
> Tel: 044 440 77 11  Direkt: 044 515 67 71
> mwa at sourcepole.ch  http://www.sourcepole.ch

SOCIEDADE DE HISTÓRIA NATURAL - Departamento de Informação Geográfica

Apartado 25 2564-909 Torres Vedras Portugal
Sede e Biblioteca: rua Cavaleiros da Espora Dourada, 27A 2560 Torres Vedras

Laboratório de Paleontologia e Paleoecologia: Polígono Industrial do Alto
do Ameal 2565-641 Ramalhal
http://alt-shn.blogspot.com
www.alt-shn.org