[Qgis-user] [QGIS webclient] expand/collapse layer tree

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Mon Sep 30 00:59:13 PDT 2013

Hi,

Am Mon, 30 Sep 2013 07:52:31 +0200
schrieb Lars Lingner <lars at lingner.eu>:

> good morning
>
> On 29.09.2013 19:31, Otto Dassau wrote:
> >
> >> There is also another function that is currently broken: the
> >> themeChanger. This is also because of the additional hierarchy. We
> >> should discuss this with Lars how to fix these two issues that worked
> >> before these modifications. Ideally we could hide the top "WMS" tree and
> >> make it invisible.
> >
> > I added Lars in Cc: so we can discuss, how to fix this. I hope he can
> > help us with this.
> >

> The structure of the tree changed, that is right. Some functions are
> accessing the tree elements with absolut indexes, like treename[0]
>
> With the new base / overlay layer a change was necessary in the
> structure. I didn't test all of the other functions.
>
> Instead of try to fix the current tree implementation, I think its best
> to start from scratch. With scratch I mean a ExtJS or GeoExt tree, which
> already has a lot of functionality.
>
> There is a ticket [1] with some ideas what would be needed. Feel free to
> add comments to this ticket.
>
> Lars
>
> [1] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/8612

the list of things that are necessary to implement is quite long. Do these
ideas fit with the general future ideas for web client? If yes, it would
probably be a good idea make a plan to find people who are interested in
these features and would be willing to pay parts of this.

Can we roughly tell how much time/money it would take to implement the
different parts and in what order all these steps would have to be done. This
way we could start to search for funding.

I added a comment with this notes.

Regards
Otto