[Qgis-user] looking for developer

Dan Hamilton dhamilton62 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 14:06:53 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I'm new to the list and a beginner at QGIS and I live in Massachusetts, USA.

I'm looking for a developer to help me develop a website. I can pay a little
bit, so if you are interested, please let me know and we can explore the
possibilities.

I'm 68 and teaching myself the code and software but I'm slow and forgetful
and realized I should turn to others who are fast and remember what they
learned yesterday.

I have built a website utilizing scanned historical maps, overlays, tiling,
georeferencing, and OpenLayers. Eventually I will add video and text popups.

I need help to add the ability to print the maps at any zoom layer with any
layer transparency setting.

I believe that QGIS is capable of the server-sided programming needed to
assemble the tiles and return the image for printing or saving.

I will be showcasing the lifework of an 80 year old cartographer who has
hand drawn about 50 maps focused on the Brookfield, MA area of New England.

I have QGIS 2.2 installed on my home machine but have yet to learn how to
incorporate my existing map tiles. I'm slowly learning, but given the age of
my subject, I have to speed it up. Hence, my reaching out to your group.

I'm not a programmer, this is a hobby and a volunteer effort. I'm
comfortable using Dreamweaver, Javascript, HTML, OpenLayers, Google Maps
API, and MapTiler.

What I ask of you, if you can, is to give me a quote for consulting support
and creating a template in QGIS that I can use to create both the client and
server side to provide this research tool.

If you feel that QGIS is not the best tool for this, please suggest another
direction.

>From what I have found so far, this should work and I'm impressed with the
knowledge and support I've witnessed in this group over the past several
weeks.

To view the map work I've done so far, visit my site,

www.brookfieldsresearch.com

navigate to the Maps section and explore.   select the "Robert Wilder Maps"
option. That will bring up a list of his maps. The ones I've scanned and
uploaded so far are linked for viewing. I've not yet added video or audio
narration on each map, but that's easily done. Mostly, I need the user to be
able to print the screen results at any zoom or transparency level.

Thanks for your time, I hope we can work something out. I'm learning by
reading your posts, thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Regards, Dan Hamilton

Dhamilton62 at gmail.com