[Qgis-user] Tablet vs GPS accuracy

Leo Kris Palao lk.palao at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:32:05 PDT 2014

Hi Guys,

Thanks all for your valuable insights about my inquiry. I really appreciate
your comments. I can use your comments as reference on how we will also
evaluate GIS applications in Tablets.

Our application mainly falls on agriculture. We want to use the tablets for
surveying in Rural areas. And we want to use QGIS android so we can load
our shapefile and raster maps for validation. On the other hand, we will
also want to use tablets to take location of field corners of farmers field
to get the plot size (this is where accuracy is important).

I observe that when there is a wifi the location significantly increases in
tablets. But of course, wifi is not available in rural areas. So, if we
will use tablet we will just rely on available GPS signal, weather, and the
device.

Thank so much, and again I really appreciate the comments,
-Leo