[Qgis-user] Tablet vs GPS accuracy

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 01:32:13 PDT 2014

If you are working with tablets and an external GPS connected to the
tablet using USB or Bluetooth, you should have a look at some of the new
"GNSS mouse" type GNSS - receivers that support both both GPS and
GLONASS. The are significantly more accurate and positionally stable
than the GPS only types (in the same price range).

I have used a HOLUX M-215+ (remember the "+" - it means GLONASS
compatibility) and have a accuracy around 1 meter in the open land most
of the time.
The HOLUX unit cost around 60 Euros.

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen