[Qgis-user] OpenStreetMap in QGIS

Yasser Said Lopez de Olmos Reyes biolyasser at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 10:17:41 PDT 2014

Another way could be as a TMS. Use this code and save it as a XML file.
>From QGIS  add as a Raster layer:

<GDAL_WMS>
    <Service name="TMS">
        <ServerUrl>http://tile.openstreetmap.org/${z}/${x}/${y}.png</ServerUrl>
    </Service>
    <DataWindow>
        <UpperLeftX>-20037508.34</UpperLeftX>
        <UpperLeftY>20037508.34</UpperLeftY>
        <LowerRightX>20037508.34</LowerRightX>
        <LowerRightY>-20037508.34</LowerRightY>
        <TileLevel>18</TileLevel>
        <TileCountX>1</TileCountX>
        <TileCountY>1</TileCountY>
        <YOrigin>top</YOrigin>
    </DataWindow>
    <Projection>EPSG:900913</Projection>
    <BlockSizeX>256</BlockSizeX>
    <BlockSizeY>256</BlockSizeY>
    <BandsCount>3</BandsCount>
    <Cache />
</GDAL_WMS>

This code was taken from
http://www.3liz.com/blog/rldhont/index.php?post/2012/07/17/OpenStreetMap-Tiles-in-QGIS,
so maybe you should take a look at this source.

The time I tried it worked well, just be careful with projections as always.

Saludos,

Yasser