[Qgis-user] GRASS functions in the toolbox don't work (missing dependency)

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 04:53:41 PDT 2014

Hi !

I'm trying to use v.clean from the toolbox under QGIS 2.2 on Mac OS X, but
get the following error :

Missing dependency.This algorithm cannot be run :-(
> This algorithm requires GRASS to be run. Unfortunately, it seems that
> GRASS is not installed in your system, or it is not correctly configured to
> be used from QGIS
> Click here<
> http://docs.qgis.org/2.0/html/en/docs/user_manual/processing/3rdParty.html>
> to know more about how to install and configure GRASS to be used with QGIS

I found this thread :
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2013-November/024870.html
where someone suggested to set
"*/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/grass/bin:/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/grass/scripts:/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/grass/scripts/:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
*as environnement variable PATH in QGIS, but is has no effect upon
restarting QGIS (still the same error)...

Does anyone have an idea ? Thanks a lot !!

Olivier