[Qgis-user] Atlas generation - possibility to display data linked to current atlas feature?

Pietro Rossin pierigis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 03:35:41 PDT 2014

Hello everybody
I'm working with atlas generation.
I must render areas that are on a postgis db.
My postgis feature has only some of the fields that I want to display as
Text boxes/labels in my composer output.
Other features are in other postgres tables (same schema) without geom
column.
These tables have a common code field.

My question is, is it possible to compose labels inside Qgis joining tables
to the atlas feature one, is it possible to use the expression calculator or
is it better to make a view in postgres collecting all the fields needed?

I know is it possible to make some condition using $atlasfeatureid or
$atlasgeometry, is it possible to map the same way a field called "code"
from the atlas feature to any other table with the same field?

Which way is preferable?