[Qgis-user] Intersecting NetCDF file attributes with vector layers

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 10:57:23 PDT 2014

You should use the raster calculator to do any calculations on rasters, or
some of the tools in processing. But your use case seems a bit complicated
- perhaps there is a hydrological plugin or processing algorithm that can
help.

Have you tried loading the file in QGIS?

But be aware that netcdf files with many variables are a bit tricky - each
variable is a subdataset, which is treated as a separate file. See the gdal
netcdf page for more details [1].

You could translate them to individual files in another format like gtiff
using gdal:

gdal_translate -of gtiff -sds in.nc out

[1] http://www.gdal.org/frmt_netcdf.html